Anxiety Treatment Can Help You Sort it All Out
ACT Therapy for Anxiety in New Jersey
Even though anxiety creates these physical symptoms, anxiety is a thinking problem. Anyone who has suffered from anxiety knows that it’s the thinking that we struggle with. If only I could get rid of this thinking, then I wouldn’t be so anxious. And, therein lies the paradox. ACT therapy shows us to accept this thinking, notice it, and label it for what it is. Then, take a loving and accepting stance towards it, while not allowing yourself to become “Hooked” on the thoughts. These thoughts can seem to drag us away from the life we want, after hooking us.
The ACT Therapy Stance on Anxiety Treatment
- Notice when we’re fused with our thoughts.
- Be mindful to allow the present moment to occur.
- Consider what wise actions we can take to cultivate our core values.
- Make a committed action toward the life we want.
- Understand we may feel anxious while we try to do these things.